Want to know how I to get my kiddos motivated to stay focused, always try their best, and be model students? It's something they really work hard to earn...V.I.P. CADDY privileges!
|Mr. Sketch Scented Crayons smell DIVINE! Every scent is true to its name.|
*Side note: This should be a whole other blog post, but let me tell you really quick why having a pencil with an eraser is a HUGE deal. I don't allow erasers in the classroom. The only person that is allowed to have and use an eraser is myself and my assistant for two reasons:
- So they don't become obsessed with erasing EVERY. LITTLE. MISTAKE. and then make holes in their papers from erasing so much. It's also distracts them from finishing their task in a timely manner.
- I think it's important that my students see their mistakes and not be fearful of making any.
The SOTM is allowed to use the caddy for the ENTIRE MONTH. Yes, friends. The ENTIRE month. Every day, the SOTM may choose two friends to sit with them at the V.I.P. Table and use the V.I.P. Caddy. There are rules to follow when using the caddy. If the rules are broken, bye-bye caddy!
V.I.P. Caddy Rules
- If the supplies are not put back correctly, you may not use the V.I.P. caddy for the rest of the day.
- If the SOTM chooses someone who I had to take many fuzzies way from that day, they need to choose someone else.
- If an argument breaks out about between students about supplies, V.I.P. Caddy is shut down for the day.
- If you steal anything from the V.I.P. Caddy, bye-bye forever.
Luckily, I've only had to shut it down once, when the students left it a mess. They were devastated. Not gonna lie, I've been blessed with an amazing bunch this year who love to make their teacher happy!
So far, this caddy has worked miracles! The SOTM picks different classmates everyday and makes sure that everyone gets a chance to use the caddy. It has allowed them to interact with other students in the class that they might not normally hang out with, thus opening an opportunity to form new friendships!
I love the VIP Caddy so much that I have one for myself! Isn't it amazing?! My co-workers love borrowing the scented gel pens for note taking when meetings are held in my class.
I'm interested in knowing if you have a V.I.P. Caddy in your classroom and how it is used! Comment below if you care to share! Thanks for reading!
*The rotating caddy was purchase at the Target Dollar Spot for $3. FREE editable labels are from Learning in Wonderland's Teachers Pay Teachers store (click here for the labels).